- Yeast Lab M61 Dry Mead
- Very alcohol tolerant, ferments dry, fruity and clean, yet leaves noticeable
honey flavor and aroma.
- Yeast Lab M62 Sweet Mead
- This strain has reduced alcohol tolerance, therefore produces a very fruity,
sweet mead with tremendous honey aromas.
- Lallemand Lalvin Wine Yeast S. Bayanus.
- Good reputation.
- Red Star Pasteur Champagne Yeast
- Very attenuative. Good for mead. Good reputation. Popular yeast for Imperial
Stouts and Barleywines due to it's high tolerance for alcohol. Some use it by
itself, others pitch Pasteur after their chosen beer yeast poops out.
- Wyeast 3021 Prise de mousse Champagne Yeast
- Institute Pasteur champagne yeast race bayanus. Crisp and dry, ideal for
sparkling and still red, white and fruit wines. Also can be used for Barley
wines. Optimum fermentation temperature: 58 deg. F (14 deg. C).
- Wyeast 3028 Wine Yeast
- French wine yeast ideally suited for red and white wines which mature
rapidly. Enhances the fruity characteristics of most wines. Optimum fermentation
temperature: 72 deg. F (22 deg. C).
- Wyeast 4007 Wine Yeast
- Malo-lactic culture blend isolated from western Oregon wineries. Includes
strains Ey2d and Er1a. Excellent for high acid wines and low pH. Softens wines
by converting harsh malic acid to milder lactic acid. Can be added to juice any
time after the onset of yeast fermentation when sulfur dioxide is less than 15
- Yeast Culture Kit M06
- From Montreal, Canada. VSU: Barley Wine (Champagne).