ESB, pale ale, bitter, all-grain
Source: Jim Busch (email@example.com),
HBD #1656, 2/13/95
Its not Fullers ESB, but on an engine, its close enough!
- Munton & Fison Pale ale malt
- Dewolf Munich 3-5%
- Dewolf CaraVienne 3-5%
- Dewolf CaraMunich 3-5%
- 70g Styrian Goldings, 60 min
- 15g Styrian Goldings, 25 min
- 36g East Kent Goldings, 0 min (finish)
- 36g East Kent Goldings, dry hop
- British yeast like Wyeast 1098/1968
Note these are whole hops (5%), reduce if you use pellets.
Mash 148F 10 min, raise to 152-4F for 45, raise to 170, lauter.
I actually brew this to an cast out OG of 16.3P and dilute to 13.2P. If
you brew a regular version, then go low or skip the Munich malt. I dont
list pounds of malt, since this will vary with each brewers system.