pale ale, India pale ale, Wild Goose IPA, extract
Source: firstname.lastname@example.org, r.c.b.,
Just thought I'd share my favorite IPA recipe. It is a cleanly bitter ale
with a floral aroma that is modeled after Wild Goose, from Cambridge, MD.
This is using extracts from Williams Brewing.
- 0.5 lbs amber crystal, steep until boil
- 6 lbs. English light malt extract: boil 60 min.
- 1 oz. Galena (11% a.a.): boil 60 min
- 1 oz. Willamette whole leaf hops (4% a.a.): boil 10 min.
- 1 oz. Willamette: put in nylon hop bag and pour the hot wort over it in
- English brewers yeast
You can carry the hop bag over into the secondary if you rack. This
English brewers is so fast it really finishes before you need a secondary.
If you do rack, or when you bottle, the hop nose will hit you like a
baseball bat. Oh, its good.