Frosty Toad British Ale
pale ale, bitter, extract
Source: email@example.com, r.c.b., 7/21/96
This one of the favorite extract recipes at our store.
This is a full flavored, full bodied
Ale that is sure to please.
- 1 CAN Edme DMS malt syrup (3.3 LB.)
- 3 LB. Amber Dry Malt Extract
- 2 1/2 OZ. Cascade hop pellets (11 HBU) - (Boil) 60 min.
- 1/2 OZ. Fuggles hop pellets - (Finish) when heat is removed
- 1 LB. English Crystal Malt 50/60 L
- Liquid British Ale Yeast (Yeastlab A04 or Wyeast 1098)
- 2 Tbsp. Gypsum
- 1 tsp. Irish Moss (add 15 min. before end of boil)
- 3/4 Cup Dextrose for priming or 1 1/4 cup Dry Malt Extract
Add the gypsum to
cold water and heat to 170 degrees. Steep the crushed crystal malt in a
straining bag for 15 minutes at 170 degrees. Remove the straining bag,
add malt extracts, the cascade hops and bring to a boil. Boil for 60
minutes. Add Irish Moss 15 minutes before the end of the boil. Add the
Fuggles when the heat is turned off.