pale ale, ordinary, bitter, all-grain
Source: Greg Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Here's a ordinary bitter recipe that my brewing buddy gave me. Hope you
enjoy it as much as I did. It's a recipe for 5 gallons.
- 5.5lbs pale malt
- 0.5lbs 60 Maris otter crystal malt
- 0.5lbs corn sugar
- 1oz Northern Brewer hops(7% alpha acid) - 60 min
- 0.5 oz East Kent Goldings hops(5.2% alpha acid) - 15min
- OPTIONAL: dry hop with 0.5 to 1.0 oz of Kent Goldings or Styrian Goldings
- Yeast lab YLA01 liquid Australian ale
Single infusion mash 90 minutes a 150 to 151 degrees F. Raise to 168
degrees F for mash out. Sparge with 170 to 175 degree F water. Boil 90
minutes. Burtonize your water. Ferment at 65 to 68 degrees F at least
seven days. Rack with priming sugar.