Striped Cat I.P.A.
pale ale, extract, I.P.A., India pale ale
Source: Mark Stevens (email@example.com)
Issue #754, 11/14/91
have made this twice and both times it turned out fine. Nicely hoppy.
- 6 pounds, pale dry extract
- 1 pound, amber dry extract
- 1 pound, crystal malt
- 3/4 pound, toasted pale malt
- 1/4 pound, pale malt
- 1 ounce, Bullion hops (8.2 alpha)
- 1/2 ounce, Brewers Gold hops (7.5 alpha)
- 1 ounce, Cascade hops (4.2 alpha)
- 2 tsp., gypsum
- 1/4 tsp. Irish moss
- 1 pack, Wyeast #1098
- 1/2 cup, corn sugar for priming
- handful steamed oak chips
Procedure is that described by Papazian...steep grains, boil 1 hour
(boil Brewers Gold and Bullion). Remove from heat and add the cascades.
Cool wort. Pitch yeast.
- O.G.: 1.068
- F.G.: 1.020
- Primary: 4 days
- Secondary: 10 days