pale ale, bitter, all-grain
Source: Mark Nevar (email@example.com),
HBD Issue #1149, 5/26/93
Ingredients: (for 13 gallons)
- 16.0 lbs DeWolf-Cosyns Pale Ale
- .9 lbs DeWolf-Cosyns Cara Munich
- .6 lbs DeWolf-Cosyns Wheat
- 1 Tbsp gypsum in mash
- 22.4 AAU Northern Brewer Whole Hops (60 minutes)
- Wyeast Chico (second generation)
8.5 gal mash water @ 175 F (a little to hot for this much grain, try 5 F less).
Mash for 1 hour. Recycle 1 quart. 8.5 gal sparge water @ 180 F. Acidified with 10cc 88% lactic acid. 75 min boil.
Counter-flow chilled. Fermenting @ 65 F.