pale ale, India pale ale, all-grain
Source: John Wyllie COYOTE (email@example.com),
HBD Issue #1320, 1/10/94
Soon it will be time to cask the IPA. I brewed it last monday, and it's been
happily/hoppily blebbing away since. I'm hoping I can get it through 2ndary
and conditioned before the 22nd to celebrate and inebriate my birthday
celebration. Good excuse to kill the entirety in one night! :)
Ingredients: (for 7 gallons)
- 10# 2 row pale malt
- 2# 2 row vienna malt
- 1.5 # 40L crystal
- 1.5 # 80L crystal
- 1 # Wheat
- 1 ounce Chinook (13% alpha, boil)
- 1/2 ounce Northern Brewer (7.6% alpha, flavor)
- 1/2 ounce Cascade (homegrown, finish)
- 1/2 ounce Northern Brewer (finish)
- Burton ale yeast, then Bohemian Lager
Burton ale yeast, then bohemian lager.
OG: 1.048 for 7 gallons. Fermented primary at 70, 2ndary to 55.
I plan to fine the 2ndary, then rack/prime in cask. Low pressure!