amber lager, Vienna, all-grain
Source: Tony Babinec (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Issue #953, 8/24/92
This recipe was derived from a George and Laurie Fix recipe; it assumes
an 80% extract efficiency.
The extract brewer can substitute a good German extract for the pilsner
- 10 pounds, German or Belgian pilsner malt
- 6 ounces, German light crystal malt (10L)
- 6 ounces, German dark crystal malt (60L)
- 6 ounces, English caramel malt (120L)
- 3/4 ounce, Tettnanger (4% alpha), 45 minute boil
- 3/4 ounce, Styrian Golding (5% alpha), 30 minute boil
- 3/4 ounce, Saaz (3% alpha), 15 minute boil
- Wyeast Munich or Bavarian lager yeast
Starch conversion rest at 150-152F for 90-120 minutes.