pale ale, vienna lager, oktoberfest, all-grain
Source: Spencer Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org),
HBD Issue #2174, 9/5/96
A proper Oktoberfest takes several months
But if you're attempting an "ale clone", then something like this
- 6lbs light DME
- 0.5lb CaraMunich crystal (or 60L crystal if you can't find CaraMunich)
- 0.5lb CaraVienne crystal (or 20L crystal if you can't find CaraVienne)
- 2 oz Roasted barley (optional)
- 4 HBUs of Noble hops (Hallertau, Tettnang) for 60 min.
- 4 HBUs of Noble hops for 30 min.
- 4 HBUs of Noble hops for 15 min.
- Wyeast 1056
Steep crushed crystal malt in 1 gallon of hot (160F) water for at
least 30 minutes, and strain into boiling kettle.
For a full-volume boil, use the hopping schedule shown.
For a 1/2-volume boil, double the first two hop additions.
Use a neutral ale yeast (e.g. Wyeast 1056), make a starter and ferment
cool (65-68F) to minimize esters.
After bottling and conditioning, keep it in the fridge near 32F for as
long as you can before drinking.