Lazy Sunday Steam Beer
steam beer, California common, Anchor, extract
With the recent addition of the WYeast #2112 California Lager to the
WYeast line, I've been thinking about making a Steam Beer. I formulated
this recipe based on Papazian's descriptions.
- 3.3 pounds, pale malt extract syrup
- 2 pounds, light dry malt extract
- 3/4 pound, crystal malt (60 L.)
- 1--1/2 ounces, Northern Brewer hops (35 IBUs) (boil 45--60
- 1/2 ounce, Hallertauer hops (dry hop in secondary)
- Wyeast #2112 California lager
Makes 5 gallons. Ferment at 60 F.