Swamp Dog Stout
Source: Thom Middlestadt (email@example.com),
Here's a recipe
that was given to me by a friend, and was my very first attempt at home
brewing. It turned out FANTASTIC!
- 7# dark plain extract
- 1 1/2# plain dark dried extract
- 1/2# black patent malt
- 1/2# roasted barley
- 2 oz Nugget hops (14 AA) boil
- 1 oz Chinook hops (13.2 AA) finish
- 1 tsp Irish moss (w/finish hops)
- 1 cup corn sugar for bottling
- Munson dry yeast
This was my first batch. I just last week made another batch `cause I was
down to only a 6-pack of SDS. In the second, I also used 1# oatmeal and
1 cup of brown sugar.
Left in the primary for 7-10 days. Secondary for at least 4 weeks.
Try it, you won't be sorry!!!!