stout, dry stout, Irish stout, extract
Source: Michael Eldridge (dredge@hitchcock.Stanford.EDU)
Issue #380, 3/20/90
This is based on one of the excellent recipes from Dave Baer (from this
digest). This one came out great! Apologies to Dave for what we may have
done to the original.
- 1/4 pound, flaked barley
- 1/4 pound, medium crystal malt
- 6 pounds, dark Australian malt extract
- 1/2 pound, dark Australian dry malt
- 1/4 pound, black patent malt
- 1/2 cup, molasses
- 2 ounces, Cascade hops (boil)
- 2/3 ounce, Northern Brewer hops (finish)
- Wyeast British ale yeast
Steep flaked barley and crystal malt for 50 minutes at 153 degrees.
Strain and boil 90 minutes. Add 1/3 of boiling hops after 30 minutes.
Add black patent and molasses at 45 minutes. After 60 minutes add 1/3 of
boiling hops. At end of boil add remaining hops. Steep. Strain, cool,