Hop Along Xmas Stout
stout, dry stout, extract
Source: Scott Lord (email@example.com),
HBD Issue #1298, 12/15/93
Made a Xmas beer last Sunday.
Here it is.
What a hop nose.
Ingredients: (for 15 gallons)
- 19 1/2 lbs Munton &Fison Dark extract
- 1/2 lb. Black Patent Malt
- 1/2 lb. Chocolate Malt
- 5 oz. RoastedBarley
- 5 oz. Dark Belgian Crystal 250L
- 2 - 1oz Sticks of Brewers Licorice
- 1 lb. Treacle black strap molasses
- 8 oz Cascade boil 90min
- 8 oz Cascade finish 15min
- 8 oz Cascade End 2min
- 3 packs of Windsor Dry Yeast made in to a starter
This was a full boil with 15 gallons.
Put all dark grains in cold water and raise to 180 F. Then remove.
Put in Licorice when water boils 5 min. Then all dark extract goes in.
Boil for 10 minutes then first hops goes in 8 oz.
This was Boiled down to 12 1/2 gallons then the finish hops 8 oz. were added.
Tasted. Not to overly bitter. Put the remainder of the Hops in 8 more
heat off and pumped wort through counterflow wort chiller.