Source: Ann Nelligan, (anelliga@hamlet.Prime.COM)
Issue #818, 2/6/92
- 2 cans, Munton & Fison Light Malt Extract
- 2 pounds, Munton & Fison light dried malt extract
- 1/4 pound, Domino light brown sugar
- 3--1/2 ounces, Fuggles hops
- 1/2 ounce, Fuggles for finishing
- 2 packs, Munton & Fison ale yeast
We did a single stage fermentation, so I can't answer your question
about how long to age in secondary.
We gave the finishing hops 10 minutes.
As far as conditioning in bottles---well, it's been 14 months now and it
keeps getting better. At 2 months it was OK, but cloudy enough that we
thought we should have used gypsum. It was also VERY sweet, but also
very hoppy and quite smooth. By 9 months it was clear, but quite heavy
and we thought maybe less sugar. Last week it had gotten considerably
drier and VERY clear. It's really good now, so I don't know if it'll
last long enough for me to give you an update later.