spiced ale, garlic beer, extract
Source: Louis Clark (hplabs!mage!lou)
Issue #580, 2/13/91
Next time I make this I'll probably use more crystal and more hops.
- 4.5 kg Munton & Fison dark malt syrup
- 3/4 pound, 40L crystal malt
- 1/4 pound, roasted barley
- 2 ounces, Perle hops (7.5% alpha)
- 1 ounces, Willamette (4.6% alpha)
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1 ounce, Willamette for finishing
- ale yeast
Steep crystal malt and roasted barley for 30 minutes in two gallons of
water. Strain out and discard spent grains. Add malt syrup and bring to
a boil. Add Perle hops and garlic and boil for 1 hour. Toss in
Willamette hops in the last two minutes. Pitch yeast when cool.