Indian Summer Gingered Ale
spiced ale, ginger beer, extract
Source: Jerry Gaiser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wonderful color and smells delicious. Should be in the bottle next
weekend and I'll report on how it turns out.
- 6 pounds, dry light malt extract
- 1 pound, crystal malt (40L)
- 3 ounces, fresh ginger (boil)
- 1/2 ounce, Galena pellets (11.4%) (boil)
- 1 ounce, fresh ginger (finish)
- 1 ounce, Hallertaur pellets (4.?%) (finish)
- Wyeast British Ale yeast (#1098?)
Crush crystal malt, add to 2 gallons water and bring to about 170
degrees. Remove grains, add dry extract, 3 ounces ginger, boiling hops
and boil for 1 hour. During last ten minutes add finishing ginger and
hops. Chill. Pitch yeast.