Infamous Christmas Glogg Beer
spiced ale, extract
Source: Erik Zenhausern (firstname.lastname@example.org), HBD Issue #1060, January 21, 1993
This was a very quick and easy recipe; a real plus around the
holidays. The beer was rather tasty, although the spices were
rather pronounced (covering up any defects if present). The yeast
was very fast and attenuative. I have some more of it, so I'll post
the results of that brew.
- 5 pounds, light malt extract syrup
- 2 pounds, light clover honey
- 1/2 ounce Saaz hops (boil)
- 1/2 ounce Saaz hops (steep 10 minutes)
- 25 millileters alcohol-based glogg spice (mix of ginger, cinnamon,
cardamon, and cloves)
- Windsor ale yeast (rehydrated)
Boiled for 30 minutes. Cooled to 70 deg. F. pitched yeast.
Fermentation began within 8 hours. Finished within 3 days.
- O.G.: 1.053
- F.G.: 1.008 (after 2 weeks)