brown ale, spiced ale, hazelnut, Longshot, extract
Source: Kurt Meyer (email@example.com),
HBD Issue #2276, 11/15/96
I made a similar recipe to the Longshot, except I
wanted it to be richer, and a little less hazelnut. I based mine on a
nut brown recipe (Millers) with honey (1 lb.) instead of brown sugar and
used 1 bottle of T. Noirot Hazelnut liqueur extract at bottling. Myself
and a few friends said they liked it better because of its balance.
Since then I have gotten the original recipe from my rep. at
This is how I received the recipe, as you may notice no alpha ratings for
the hops so your guess is as good as mine. The T. Noirot should be
available at your favorite H.B. store or they can order it if they buy
from L.D. Carlson.
- 6.6 lbs N.W. Gold liq. extract
- 1/2 lb. M&F pale ale malt
- 1/2 lb. M&F crystal malt (60 L ?)
- 1 lb. Cara-pils
- 1.5 oz. Willamette (or Fuggle) 60 min. boil
- 1 oz. Willamette or Fuggle (aroma) 5 minute steep
- 1 tsp Irish Moss (15 min rrom end)
- 1.5 bottles All Natural Hazelnut Flavoring at bottling
- 2 tsp. gypsum
- Wyeast British Ale
Mash grain at 160 F.