fruit beer, blueberry ale, extract
Source: Patrick Stirling (pms@Corp.Sun.COM)
Issue #493, 9/11/90
When I tasted this during the bottling stage there was not much
blueberry flavor. More blueberries may be required to give a stronger
taste. The beer came out remarkably clear with a nice reddish tint.
- 7 pounds, British amber extract
- 1-1/2 pounds, crystal malt
- 2 ounces, Northern Brewer hops (boil)
- 1 ounce, Fuggles hops (finish)
- Whitbread ale yeast
- 2 pounds, fresh frozen blueberries
Steep crystal malt while bringing to boil. Remove grains and add extract
and boiling hops. Boil 60 minutes. Add finish hops and let steep 15
minutes. Sparge into ice, mix. Rack to 7-gallon carboy. At peak of
fermentation add blueberries. Ferment 1 week and rack to secondary.
Prime with corn sugar.