fruit beer, pumpkin, extract
Source: Kevin Dombroski (firstname.lastname@example.org), 10/7/92
I received this "recipe of the month" last week from a local homebrew
supply store. I HAVE NOT tried it, so you are on your own.
- 6 pounds, light Dried Malt Extract (or 2 cans light malt extract syrup)
- 1--1/2 ounces, Mt. Hood Hop Pellets
- 6 pounds, Pumpkin meat (2 small)
- 1 teaspoon, Burton Water Salt
- 1 teaspoon, Irish Moss
- 1/2 teaspoon, Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 ounce, Tettnager Hop Pellets
- Wyeast #1007 Liquid Yeast (or #1214)
- 1 teaspoon, cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon, nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon, allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon, mace
- 1/4 teaspoon, cloves
Peel and remove seeds from pumpkin and cook until soft. In a large pot,
heat 1--1/2 gallons of water - add your malt, Mt. Hood Hops and cooked
pumpkin meat and boil for 30 minutes. Add Burton Water Salt and 1 tsp.
Irish Moss and boil for 15 minutes more. Add finishing hops and boil for
5 minutes more. Remove from heat. Strain hops and pumpkin meat. Add
boiled wort to prepared fermentor -make up to 5--1/2 gallons. Add
prepared Liquid Yeast. Ferment to SG 1030, transfer to Secondary
Fermenter, add the spices (BE SURE NOT to add the spices until the
secondary fermentation or you will lose the intensity of the spices).
Finish fermenting. Prime with 3/4 cup corn sugar, bottle and age for 3
to 4 weeks or more.