cranberry ale, extract
Source: Polly Goldman (Polly.Goldman@p2.f615.n109.z1.fidonet.org), r.c.b, 10/28/93
Someone recently posted a request for a cranberry beer recipe. This one is m
and got good reviews by members of my brew club last year.
- 1 3.3 pound cans Munton & Fison extra light unhopped extract
- 1/2 pound 40 L crystal malt
- 1/2 pound barley flakes
- 1/2 pound corn sugar
- 1 ounce Saaz (4.2% alpha) 1 hour boil
- 3/4 ounce Willamette 1 minute boil
- 6 12-ounce bags of cranberries, juiced with pulp
- Wyeast 1056 (Chico)
Cranberry juice and pulp were steeped with boiled and slightly cooled water a
small amount of post-boil (and pre-chill) wort for about 10 minutes, then
strained into carboy.
Escaped pulp required use of a panty-hose (clean and sanitized) strainer over