wheat beer, pumpkin beer, vegetable beer, extract
Source: John Nicholas Varady (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- 6.6 lbs NW Weizen LME
- 1.4 lbs Alexander's Kicker Pale Malt
- 1.0 lb Crystal (lovi 60)
- 1.0 oz Perle 7.4 aau (boiling)
- .5 oz Tettnang 4.4 aau (finishing)
- 1 small roasted pumpkin (4 lbs for about 4.5 cups)
- Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan Wheat
Cut pumpkin in half, seed, and roast in oven at 375 for 1 1/2 hours.
Peel away skin and food process to a pulp. Add grains to 3 qts water
and bring to a boil. Strain grains, add 5 qts water and bring to a boil.
Add LME, pumpkin mush, and Perle in hop-bag. Boil for 20 minutes and
add Tettnang in hop-bag. Boil another 15 minutes. Remove hop bags and
strain wort. Add strained pumpkin material to 2 quarts of water and bring
to boil. Strain this back into wort. Allow to cool and pitch yeast.
Secondary in 4 days and bottle when fermentation ceases.