Brown Ale #3
brown ale, extract
Source: Joseph M. Pollard, (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Not real strong, but very smooth. I am drinking one of these right
now. Only 10 days in the bottle!
If you have not used steeping grains before, you are in for a treat.
Does a lot to add body, and is very, very easy. Just remember to take
the bag out as the boil begins.
Nice hop flavor. Great head retention. Only did a primary, no
secondary. In the primary only about one week.
- 7 lbs. Alexander's Dark LME
- 1/2 lb. #60 Crystal malt grains
- 1/4 lb. Chocolate malt grains
- 1/4 lb. Black patent malt grains
- 2 oz. Fuggles (4.5%) boiling
- 1/2 oz. Willamette (5.3%) finishing
- 2 tsp. Gypsum
- 2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg. Brewer's choice (Wyeast) #1095 British ale yeast
Cinnamon and finishing hops went in during last 10 minutes of boil.
Sorry didn't do SG or FG. But, experience tells me it is about 4.5%.
Another pound or two of the LME would probably raise the alcohol level
to about 5.5% or so.