brown ale, Newcastle clone, extract
Source: Horacio Lertora (NHOMEBREW@ids.net),
This is very similar to Newcastle.
- 1 can Munton's Plain Amber Malt Extract 3.3 lbs
- 2 lbs. Munton's Plain Light Dry Malt Extract
- 1 lb. Crushed Grain Mix (1/2 50 L Crystal & 1/2 Chocolate)
- 2 oz. Willamette Whole Flower Hops 4.9%
- Prime with 3/4 cup Corn Sugar
- 1 teaspoon irish moss 1/2 way thru boil
- WYeast #1028 London Ale or RTP English Ale Yeast
Steep grain until boiling, remove - add extracts - bring to boil, drop
in hops for entire 45 min. boil ( irish moss 25 min. into boil)
2 weeks fermentation.
2 weeks bottled.
All at room temp.