Source: Alex Enkerli
Recipe added: 09/20/01
I was surprised by how fast this one fermented out, especially given the amount of flakes involved.
The resulting beer is, in my humble opinion, fairly good as a refreshing yet complex Wit.
Recipe type: All Grain
Batch Size: 23 l
Starting Gravity: 1.052
Finishing Gravity: 1.010
Time in Boil: 70 minutes
Primary Fermentation: 4 days at 17¼C
Secondary Fermentation: 5 days at 17¼C
- 2 kg Gambrinus Pale Malt
- 1,5 kg Wheat flakes
- 1 kg Oat flakes
- 250 g Rye flakes
- 1 oz. Mt. Hood leaves (60 minutes boil)
- 1 quart White Labs Belgian Wit (from previous batch)
- 30 g Finely crushed coriander seeds (5 g at 15 minutes to end of boil, 5 g in primary, 20 g in secondary)
- 2 teaspoons Curacao extract (in primary)
- 175 ml Dextrose (priming)
12 l strike water at 47¼C for 45 minutes rest at 43¼C, 45 minutes at 50¼C, 30 minutes at 64¼C, 90 minutes at 67¼C, and 10 minutes at 77¼C.
Sparge with 25 l of 70¼C water for 45 minutes (resulting extract: more than 6 gallons at 1.049).
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.