Punch you in the IPA
Source: Rob Hudson
Recipe added: 11/07/01
I calculated 64 IBUs. This beer had a nice color and was smooth and bitter. It was slightly more fruity than I thought it would be. This may be due to a slightly higher fermentation temperature (about 72 F). This is a tasty brew overall, and is easy to drink in the summer months. I plan to make it again.
Recipe type: Partial Mash
Batch Size: 5
Time in Boil: 75 minutes
Primary Fermentation: glass, 7 days
Secondary Fermentation: glass, 7 days, dry hop
- 6 lbs Munton & Fison Light Dry Malt Extract
- 1.5 oz Northern Brewer (6.7% AA) - 75 minutes
- 0.5 oz Northern Brewer (6.7% AA) - 45 minutes
- 1 oz Cascades (5.0% AA) - 20 minutes
- 1 oz Cascades (5.0% AA) - 10 minutes
- 1 oz Cascade pellets (dry hop)
- Wyeast #1272 - American II vial
In a large pot, heat 4 gallon of water to 168 degrees F. Add dry malt extract. Bring to a boil. Upon boil, add hops according to time schedule above. When done, sparge into fermenter and top off to 5 gallons. Pitch yeast when temperature drops below 80 degrees F. Ferment for 7 days. Transfer to secondary fermenter, and add hop pellets. Wait another 7 days or more. Enjoy.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.