Bock to Basics
Source: dan raphael
Recipe added: 02/17/02
Last couple times I'd tried getting bigger and darker (more doppel-y) with my annual bock. This time I went bag to simpler, and I plan now to stay there. This would age well if I could keep my hands off it.
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 6 gallons
Starting Gravity: .080
Finishing Gravity: .024
Time in Boil: 1 hr
Primary Fermentation: 4 weeks
- 7# light malt syrup, 3# light DME, 1# honey
- 1/2# crystal. 1/2# vienna, 1/2# kaffee kiln, 1/4# dark (120) crystal
- 2 oz perle boil (15.6 hbu)
- 1/2 oz willamette flavor, 1/2 oz willamette boil
- Wyeast Beavarian Lager Yeast
crack whole grains, bring to boil, steep for five minutes.
Boil with malts and honey. After 45 mintues add 1/2 oz willamette; after 60 minutes add other 1/2, take off heat. Begin sparging 5 minutes later.
First five days at normal temp, then down to basement (55 degress) for next 3 weeks.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.