Annegrethe's California Common
Source: Jim Hoffman
Recipe added: 03/10/02
I wanted to brew something my wife would like. She is no great fan of the Belgians I usually brew, and this was the lightest I could bring myself to make. It is mild and very lager-like. It really does tast a lot like Anchor Steam. It is a very popular brew around my house.
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 6 Gallons
Time in Boil: 1 hour
Primary Fermentation: 8 days
Secondary Fermentation: 7 days
- 1/3 cup Marris Otter Malt
- 1 Cup Dextrine Malt
- 1/2 cup Crystal
- 6.6 pounds golden light ME
- 1 cup corn sugar
- 1 tsp gypsum
- 1/8 oz Yakina Magnum hops (11% alpha) - boil
- 1 oz Northern Brewer 5%? added after 20 min
- 1/2 tsp gound (dry) ginger
- 1 oz Cascade (5%) added with 5 min to go.
- 1 tsp Irish Moss added with 5 min to go.
- Yeast - White Labs WLP810 (San Francisco Lager yeast) in 500 ml starter.
Added crushed grains to cold h2o & heated to near boil. Added extract and other stuff as outlined in recipe. Fermented in glass carboys at 60%. Primed with 1 cup malt extract.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.