Creamy Cream Ale
Source: Jim Tapper
Recipe added: 04/10/97
My wife was not a beer drinker until I started making this beer. I seem to be brewing for my wife and all her new beer drinking friends!
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Starting Gravity: 1.048
Finishing Gravity: 1.010
Time in Boil: 60 minutes
Primary Fermentation: 3-4 days
Secondary Fermentation: 5-7 days
- 7 lbs of light malt extract (John Bull)
- 1/2 lb of crushed carapils
- 1/2 lb of crushed vienna malt
- 1/2 oz. of willamette hops (bitter)
- 1/2 oz. of willamette hops (aroma)
- Edme or Brewers secret yeast
Add grains to cold water and turn on heat. Pull grains at 170 degrees. Bring water to boil and add your malt and bittering hops. Add aroma hops the last 5 minutes. Cool as usual and add your yeast.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.