Spring Into Stout
Source: Collin Parker
Recipe added: 04/12/97
Great tasting creamy stout. Nice bitterness, like a quality stout. low flavour and aroma, due to hops, like a quality stout.
Over all a good stout to sip on a cool spring night.
Recipe type: All Grain
Batch Size: 23 liters
Starting Gravity: 1.061
Finishing Gravity: 1.014
Time in Boil: 60 minutes
Primary Fermentation: 5 days @ 18 C
Secondary Fermentation: 29 days @ 18 C
- 10 lbs. Gambrinus E.S.B. 2 Row
- 1 lbs. Roasted Barley
- 0.5 lbs. Flaked Barley
- 0.5 lbs. Wheat
- 0.25 lbs. Chocolate malt
- 1.0 lbs. Quaker Oats
- 32 grams Bramling Cross pellets 60 minutes boil 7.1% a.a.
- 14 grams Northern Brewer pellets 30 minutes boil 8.1% a.a.
- Wyeast #1098 British Ale 2 liter starter
- 1 cup Demerara Brown sugar for bottling
3 Step mash.
50 minutes @ 50 C
50 minutes @ 60 C
3 hours @ 65 C
Got 90% Extraction Effeciency
16 liters in grist sparge with 90 C water over one hour.
Fermented in 23 liter carboy with blow off.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.