Crazy-boy's Imperial Amber (CIA)
Source: dan raphael
Recipe added: 03/29/03
This brew has it all--high hops, complex malts and esther rich alcohol. Maybe could shave off just a little of the boiling hops.
I based this recipe on my Polish Imperial Stout, lightening the grains & with a different hop profile.
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 6 gal
Starting Gravity: .084
Finishing Gravity: .020
Time in Boil: 60 mins
Primary Fermentation: 2 weeks
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks
- 7# light syrup, 3# light DME, 3# amber DME, 1# corn sugar
- 3/4# crystal, 1/2# carapils, 1/4# special B
- 1/3# flaked barley
- 2 oz magnum leaf, 2 oz northern brewer pellets--60 minutes (49.4)
- 1 oz northern brewer leaf-15 minutes
- 1 oz willamette leaf-aroma
- 1 oz northern brewer pellets in secondary
day before make 3 pt yeast starter
crack and boil grains for 5 minutes, remove grains, boil for one hour.
saprge, cool, add yeast, etc.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.