Source: Gahr Smith-Gahrsen
Recipe added: 10/03/03
Should be served at cellar temperature, preferably as a real ale from a beer engine. Refreshing, well balanced. Nice session beer. Enjoy!
Recipe type: All Grain
Batch Size: 22.5 liters
Starting Gravity: 1039
Finishing Gravity: 1010
Time in Boil: 90 min.
Primary Fermentation: 5 days at 19 C
Secondary Fermentation: 7 days at 19 C
Additional Fermentation: 2-3 weeks in keg/cask
- 3 kg Muntons pale malt
- 250 g Muntons crystal malt
- 35 g Callenger whole hops, 7%aa, 90 min.boil
- 20 g East Kent Goldings whole hops, 6.7%aa. 5 min. boil
- 10 g East Kent Goldings whole hops, dry hop in secondary
- 5 g Irish moss, 15 min. boil
- 1 liter Wyeast 1968 starter
- 75 g white sugar for priming
- 5 g isinglass dissolved in 1 dl of water, add to cask/keg.
Single step infusion mash at 65 C, 90 min. Sparge until SG drops to 1012, top up with water.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.