Andrimne Old Ale
Source: Gahr Smith-Gahrsen
Recipe added: 10/05/03
Melasses sugar is the darkest brown sugar I have been able to find. The smell is fantastic, very cookie-like. It comes through nicely in the finished product. A beer to savour.
Recipe type: All Grain
Batch Size: 22.5 liters
Starting Gravity: 1068
Finishing Gravity: 1016
Time in Boil: 90 min.
Primary Fermentation: 5 days at 19 C
Secondary Fermentation: 7 days at 19 C
Additional Fermentation: 6 months in bottle
- 4.5 kg Muntons pale malt
- 500 g Muntons crystal malt
- 130 g Muntons chocolate malt
- 250 g demerara sugar
- 250 g molasses sugar
- 50 g Challenger whole hops, 7%aa, 90 min.
- 30 g East Kent Goldings whole hops, 6.7%aa, 5 min.
- 5 g Irish moss, 15 min.
- 1 liter Wyeast 1968 starter
- 120 g white sugar for priming
Single step infusion mash at 69 C for 90 min. Sparge to collect 25 liters.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.