KAP's Imperial Milk Chocolate Stout
Source: Keith A Prentice
Recipe added: 04/29/04
I let this sit for about 30 days before drinking.
I also got all my supplies @ The Flying Barrel
103 S Carroll st.
Frederick, MD 21701
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 gal
Starting Gravity: 1.095
Finishing Gravity: 1.020
Time in Boil: 45 min
Primary Fermentation: 21 days
- 1 lb. 120L crystal, .5 lb. black patent, .5 lb. chocolate, .5 lb. victory, .5 lb. roasted barley, .5 lb. flaked wheat.
- 8 lb. light 0r pale extract, 1 lb. wheat extract, .5 lb. maltodextrin.
- 1.5 oz. Challenger 5.7% AA, 1.5 oz. E Kent Golding 5.3% AA,
- 1.25 oz. Fuggles 4.5% AA
- 200g Swuss Milk Chocolate
- White Labs WLP023 Burton (50ml)
I start with a full 5 gallons
Steep crushed grains in 155 degree water for 20 min.
Remove grains and sparg with wort to remove extra sugars and flavors.
Bring water to boil.
Add Extract and maltodextri and challenger and E Kent goldings to boil. With 10 min to go add last hop (Fuggles).
Shave chocolate into bottom of fermentation bucket and pour hot wort on top. (DO NOT BOIL CHOCOLATE)
Chill to 80 degrees.
Ferment for 21 days.
When bottling I added 1/2 packet of Muntons dry ale yeast to 1/2 cup of corn sugar as I was not sure the original yeast was still alive.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.