Cook's Pale Ale
Source: Doug Cook
Recipe added: 04/29/97
Doesn't get much easier to brew a great extract beer. My favorite brew (homebrew or commercial) ever! At about 3 weeks in the bottle the Cascades are *very* dominant (I love that), but it balances out nicely with a little more time.
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Starting Gravity: 1.044
Finishing Gravity: 1.008
Time in Boil: 1 hour
Primary Fermentation: 6 days
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks
- Malt Extract:
- 6.6# Mohogany Coast Pale LME
- Specialty Grains:
- 0.5# Crystal 10L
- 0.5# Cara Pils
- Hop Schedule:
- 1.0 oz Northern Brewer 7.8%, plug, 60 min.
- 0.5 oz Fuggles 3.8%, plug, 30 min.
- 0.5 oz Fuggles 3.8%, plug, 15 min.
- 0.5 oz Fuggles 3.8%, plug, 0 min.
- 1.0 oz Cascade 4.1%, pellet, dry hopped
- Wyeast #1056 American Ale, 1pt starter
Steep grains @ @150F for 30 min., sparge with 170F water. Boil for 1 hour following hop schedule above. Add Cascade pellets loose to secondary when racking. Dry hop for full
2 weeks in secondary.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.