"Would?" Ragin' Raspberry Ale
Source: Bill Webber
Recipe added: 07/02/97
This beer is one of my favorites that I brew and I hope that it is one of yours too!! ENJOY!!
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 US gallons
Starting Gravity: n/a
Finishing Gravity: n/a
Time in Boil: 35 minutes
Primary Fermentation: in a plastic 7 US gallon bucket
Secondary Fermentation: none
- 3.3 lbs of light malt extract
- 1 oz. of Cascade hops (boiling)
- 2 lbs of dried light malt extract
- 1 oz. finings
- 3 lbs of corn sugar
- 1 pkg of Ale yeast
- 5 pints of fresh red raspberries
- 1 8 oz. bottle of Ocean Spray "Cran-Raspberry" concentrate.
1.Soak can of extract in hot water for 15-20 minutes to loosen ingredients.
2.Bring 1 US gallon of water to a boil and add the extract, dried extract, finings and corn sugar and boil for 30 minutes.
3. After boiling for 30 minutes, add hops and boil for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Remove from boil and let sit while stirring for 15 minutes or until temperature of wort reaches 175 degrees Farenheit.
5. Add fresh raspberries (crushed), and concentrated raspberry juice and let steep for 20 minutes on low heat. Try to maintain a temperature between 170-180 degrees F.
6. Sparge, add wort to primary fermenter and 4 US gallons of cold water. Let temperature drop to about 80 degrees F and add yeast.
7. Seal fermenter, and sweat it out!! ENJOY!!
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.