Good OLE Summer Ale
Source: Mike Peterson
Recipe added: 08/04/97
Could have added 1/2 lb 20L crystal malt for more body. All around good drinking beer.
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Starting Gravity: 1.045
Finishing Gravity: 1.008
Time in Boil: 1 hr
Primary Fermentation: 6 days
Secondary Fermentation: 6 days
- 2 tsp gypsum
- ½ tsp Irish moss
- 7 lbs Alexander's Pale Malt extract
- 1 lb Munich malted barley cracked and brought to boil then sparged 1 gallon cold water
- 1 oz Northern Brewer 6.9% alpha 1 hr
- ½ oz kent goldings 5.2% alpha 3.0% beta +30 min
- ½ oz kent goldings +55 min
- 1 pkg coopers ale yeast
Straight forward easy just do what feels right
Wait two weeks then drink it on a hot summer day .
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.