BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY PILS
Source: THOMAS L. GILES
Recipe added: 01/09/97
Billowing Sweetness Rolling Into The SAAZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!! very nice balance,smoothly evaporating finish and no aftertaste ( at least none that wasn't well recived)
Recipe type: All Grain
Batch Size: 5gal.
Starting Gravity: 1.056
Finishing Gravity: 1.012
Time in Boil: 60min.
Primary Fermentation: 7days@52deg.F
Secondary Fermentation: 9days@48deg.F
Additional Fermentation: -0-
- 10 lbs. pale malt,3lbs. lager malt
- 1\2 lb.toasted malt(Victory)
- 1 lb.munich malt
- 1\4 lb.60L. crystal malt
- 1\2 oz. chinook hops, 60 minutes
- 1 oz. hallertauer (hushbucker) 60 minutes
- 1\2 oz. cascade hops 15 minutes left in boil
- 1 1\2 oz. saaz hops, 2 minutes left in boil
- 1 tsp.irish moss, 15 min.left in boil
- lager yeast #2007 (wyeast) liquid
- 8 gal.EXTREMELY SOFT WATER!!!!(my first experience with a WATER STORE)very Happy!!!!!!!!!!!
Mash@150deg.F for 1hr,sparge@180deg.F(4gal.=mash,4gal.= sparge)I use some unorthodox tools andf methods, but theyseem to work for now, (JUST UNTIL I GET A BIGGER POT!!!!) add hops in german schedule,Chill ASAP!, but alas, I have no wort chiller! Thusly was the RAINBIRD TECNIQUE born;take 5gal. plas. fermenter w\ closed lid place in yard on milk crate, attach sprinkler on pc.of rebar pounded in ground next to crate, adjust ht. +flow so the water getrs max. coverage on bucket, takes apox. 45min. to 1hr.@65-70deg.F, cask condtioned 1 week, add 4lbs. CO2 and GO TEAM!!!
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.