fast carbonated raspberry cider
Source: Marc Gauthier
Recipe added: 09/19/97
This is a very good and cheap recipe wich give a carbonated cider at about 6 or 7 % alcohol. It's fast done, fast fermented and boilingless. Also, you don't need pectinase as the concentrated juices doesn't contains pectine. Great to taste in a hot summer! Any comments or questions? write me at email@example.com
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 23 liters
Starting Gravity: 1.080
Finishing Gravity: ?
Time in Boil: 0 min.
Primary Fermentation: 1 1/2 week
Secondary Fermentation: 1 week
Additional Fermentation: 3 weeks or less
- -8 cans of concentrated raspberry juice with no benzoate, sorbate or ascorbic acid (minute maid is fine)
- -1 can of concentrated cranberry juice with no benzoate, sorbate or ascorbic acid
- -3 cups of lactose
- -2 tablespoon of yeast nutrient
- -dextrose to raise density to about 1.080
- -1 gm of ascorbic acid
- -wine yeast (k-1116 is good)
- -any clarification process will work fine for second fermentation (ichtyocolle, gelatin, irish moss, etc.)
- -2 cups of dextrose for carbonation
- -beer yeast
Since the ingredients doesn't contains possible contamination, you don't need to boil this recipe.
Always prime your yeast to save some fermentation time, putting it into warm sugared water for 10 minutes.
Taste the product before to bottle it, and add lactose to sweet it to your taste if you need to (before adding the two cups of dextrose and the yeast for carbonation, for sure!)
use the wine yeast for alcoholic fermentation, and the beer yeast for carbonation
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.