Ronnie's Oatmeal Creme Pie Stout
Source: Josh Ronfeldt
Recipe added: 01/13/98
This is my first attempt at homebrewing. I was nervous on the results because I formulated my own recipe instead of following one.
After two days in the bottle, I got anious and tried it. I ended up drinking a six-pack. Now at about a week, it is just right. Not to malty, with plenty of head.
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5
Starting Gravity: 1.050
Finishing Gravity: 1.025
Time in Boil: 70
Primary Fermentation: 8 days
- 3.3lbs Dark Malt Extract
- 1lb. Dark DME
- 1lb. Amber DME
- 1/2 lb. Roasted Barley
- 1/4lb. Chocolate Malt
- 1/4lb. Black Patent
- 6oz. Carapils Dextrine
- 6oz. Crystal Malt (60L)
- 6oz. Oatmeal
- 1oz. Kent Goldings (6.1%)
- 1oz. Williamette (5.2%)
- (1) Vanilla Bean
1. Fill stockpot with 1 ¼ gallons of water.
2. Place grains in muslin bags and add to water.
3. Bring to a boil, mashing bags against sides.
4. At boil, turn off heat and strain muslin bags.
5. Add malt extracts then return to boil.
6. At boil, add bittering hops. (Goldings)
7. Boil for 55 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Add aroma hops. (Williamette)
9. Boil ten more minutes and remove from heat into ice bath.
10. When temperature reachesaround 72*, add wort to 3 ¾ gallons room temperature water in fermenter.
11. Stir well and pitch yeast.
12. Cap fermenter and let sit for 5 days, then add vanilla bean
13. After 8 days, add 1 cup of corn sugar and bottle.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.