Source: Chris McAtee
Recipe added: 01/15/98
This is an excellent summer cooler that is easy to make and has a fantastic head!
The raspberries are in the background, which is what I was after. I added them to secondary so as to not boil off too much flavour.
let me know if you make this one. Serve well chilled!
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 6 US gals
Starting Gravity: 1.048
Finishing Gravity: 1.013
Time in Boil: 60 mins
Primary Fermentation: 6 days @ 70F
Secondary Fermentation: 15 days @ 70F
Additional Fermentation: ---
- 4 lb can Alexander's 60% wheat, 40% barley
- 3/4# light DME
- 39.2 oz Bavarian wheat DME
- 1 lb Alberta clover honey
- 1 x 425g pckg frozen raspberries (c/w sugar syrup)
- 1/4 oz Perle pellets, 8.1%, 60 mins
- 1/2 oz Hallertau leaf, 4.0%, 30 mins
- 1/2 oz Saaz, leaf, 4.1%, 7 mins
- 1/2 tsp Irish Moss last 10-15 mins
- 1 packet Morgan's Ale yeast
- Cost approx $21 USD or 35c/bottle.
Brought the raspberries just to a boil, then added to secondary fermenter.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.