Dockyard London Porter
Source: Kelly Beckham
Recipe added: 01/19/98
Email: K MAN CPBH
A porter reminiscent of the past when brown and amber malts were the kings of poter recipes. Smokey, roasty, and toasty, medium bitterness, and a beautiful brown-amber hue are sure to please!
Recipe type: Partial Mash
Batch Size: 5 us gallons
Starting Gravity: 1.055
Finishing Gravity: 1.016
Time in Boil: 60 min
Primary Fermentation: 5 days at 62-66 degrees
Secondary Fermentation: 7 days at 62-66 degrees (glass)
- 1.50 lbs Beeston brown malt
- 1.00 lbs Beeston amber malt
- 1.50 lbs Beeston Maris Otter pale malt
- .40 lbs Beeston Pale Chocolate malt 212 Lov
- 4.00 lbs Alexander Pale malt extract syrup
- 9.00 hbu Fuggles hop pellets (boiling)
- .50 oz Kent Goldings hops (finishing)
- 1 quart starter of Wyeast London Ale
Mash grains at 154 degrees F (6 qts water) for 1 hour. Sparge with 7 qts of 170 degrees F water.
Add extract to wort and bring to a boil. When boiling
starts, add Fuggles to the kettle and boil 60 min.
At knockout shut off heat and steep Goldings 5 min.
Add yeast when below 80 degrees F
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.