Recipe added: 03/05/98
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Time in Boil: 60 minutes
Primary Fermentation: 13 days @ 67 degrees
- 6.6 lb. English dark syrup malt extract
- 1.25 lb. British Carastan 30-40L
- 0.875 lb. British chocolate
- 0.625 lb. British black patent
- 3 oz. Fuggles (pellet) hops (4% AA, 60 min.)
- 1/4 tsp. Irish Moss
- British Ale Yeast II #1335
- 2/3 cup Corn Sugar (for bottling)
Bring 2.5 gallons of water to 150-degrees. Add lightly
crushed grains and steep for 30 minutes, maintaining this
temperature. Remove grains and add malt extract. Bring to
boil and add hops. Boil 45 minutes and add Irish Moss.
Boil remaining 15 minutes and remove from heat. Strain into
fermenter containing 3 gallons of cool water. Pitch yeast
at 70 degrees. Maintain atmospheric temperature about 67 F.
When fermentation is complete, batch prime with 2/3 cup corn
sugar and bottle. Age for 4-8 weeks before refrigerating.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.