Bad Cat Cascade Pale
Source: Aaron Perry
Recipe added: 07/12/98
This magnificently hoppy brew will become the favorite of almost all who taste it. It has even converted a confirmed "Bud Guy" with only one bottle!! The recipie produces a SNPA like brew only fresher and livelier! Enjoy!
Recipe type: All Grain
Batch Size: 5.5
Starting Gravity: 1.042
Finishing Gravity: 1.013
Time in Boil: 70 min.
Primary Fermentation: 7 days @ 68f
Secondary Fermentation: 7 days @ 65f
- 7.75 lbs English 2-row Pale Malt
- .50 lb.English 2-row Crystal Malt 40L
- .50 lb. American 6-row Cara-Pils Malt
- 1 small handful of American Black Patent Malt at end of mash
- .55oz Nugget @ 13% Alpha (27.84 IBUs) - 60min
- .45oz Perle @ 7.7% Alpha (7.15 IBUs) - 30 min
- .65oz Cacade @ 6% Alpha (7.10 IBUs) - 30 min
- 3.35oz Cascade (yes it says 3.35oz!) - steep 5 min at end of boil
- Irish Moss
- Wyeast 1056 American Ale
The water profile I used was Ca 151ppm - S04 379ppm - Na 31ppm - Cl 49ppm - Mg 5.5ppm
Use normal infusion method for your system. Stabilize at 154f and hold fo 90 min. Sparge slowly for 90 min or until gravity of runoff reaches 1.010. Collect 7.5 gal. of wort. Bring to boil and boil for 10 min. without hops. Add Nugget hops and boil 30 min. Add Perle and first Cascade hops and boil 15 min. Add moss and boil 15 min. Remove from heat. Add final Cascade hops in a hop bag for a steep NO LONGER THAN 5 MIN.!! then get them out to prevent grassy flavors! Cool wort to 68f and pitch 1056 starter.
Frement and bottle as usual.
Best consumed after 2 weeks or so.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.