Source: Geoffrey Smith
Recipe added: 12/07/98
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 gal.
Starting Gravity: 1.064
Finishing Gravity: 1.014
Time in Boil: 45 min.
Primary Fermentation: 8 days
Secondary Fermentation: 7 days
- 7 lb. Muntons liquid light malt extract
- 1 lb. Carastan malt 37L
- 1/4 lb. Chocolate malt 400L
- 1 1/2 lb. Clover honey
- 2 oz. Northern Brewer hops (boiling)
- 1 oz. Cascade Hops (finishing)
- 1/4 tsp. Irish Moss powder
- 1 pkg. Wyeast 1098 British Ale
- 1 1/4 c. DME (bottling)
Bring 1 1/2 gallons water to 160°F. Hop carastan and chocolate malt until water boils. Add liquid malt extract, honey, and northern brewer hops. Boil 35 minutes. Add Irish moss powder. Boil 7 minutes. Add Cascade hops. Boil 3 minutes. Add wort to 3 1/2 gallons cold water and cool to 80°F. Pitch yeast and ferment.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.