Bitchin' Bohemian Pilsner
Source: Brent Ruch (Hippi-Cat Homebrewing Co.)
Recipe added: 03/10/99
Sam Adams "Golden Pilsner" was my inspiration for this.
It always turns out a little more amber than I would like, but the flavor is terrific! Czech Pils yeast produces sulfer during primary fermentation, so don't freak when you smell the primary and it reeks like rotten eggs! It turns out excellent! If you like hops, you'll love this!
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 Gallons
Starting Gravity: 1045
Finishing Gravity: 1014
Time in Boil: 60 Minutes
Primary Fermentation: 7 Days @ 58 Degrees
Secondary Fermentation: 3 Weeks @ 58 Degrees
- 6# Northwestern Gold Extract
- 1# Light Dry Malt Extract
- 1# Pilsen Malt (German or Belgian)
- 1 oz. Northern Brewer Hop pellets 60 minutes
- 1/2 oz. Saaz Hop pellets 10 minutes
- 1/2 oz. Spalt Hop pellets 10 minutes
- 1/2 tsp. Irish Moss 10 minutes
- Wyeast #2278 (Czech Pils)
- 3/4 cup corn sugar to prime
- 1/2 oz. Saaz Hop pellets Dry Hop!
- 1/2 oz. Spalt Hop pellets Dry Hop!
Brew this the best way you know!
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.