Butthead Bitter 2
Source: Greg Henley
Recipe added: 03/29/99
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 U.S. Gallons
Starting Gravity: 1.035
Finishing Gravity: 1.008
Time in Boil: 60 minutes
Primary Fermentation: 7 Days (glass)
Secondary Fermentation: 7 Days (glass)
- 3.5 lbs. Telford's Scottish Ultra Light Malt Extract
- 1 lb. Premier Extra Light DME
- 1/4 lb. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 lb. British Crystal Malt (75L)
- 1/4 lb. Victory Malt
- 1/4 lb. White Wheat Malt
- 2 oz. Challenger Hops (6.6% AA)
- 2 oz. Kent Golding Hops (5.4% AA)
- 1 Wyeast #1275 (Thames Valley) Liquid Yeast
- 1/2 cup Corn Sugar (primeing)
Made 1 qt Yeast starter 3 days prior to brew day.
Steep grains for 30 minutes @ 160 degrees F.
Added malt extracts & brown sugar & brought to a boil.
Added Challenger hops & boiled for 60 minutes.
After 40 minutes of boiling added 1 oz. Golding hops.
After 60 minutes of boiling turned off heat & added 1 oz. of
Golding and steeped for 5 minutes.
Cooled wort to 70 degrees F. and pitched yeast starter.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.