Source: CHRIS McATEE
Recipe added: 06/28/99
This recipe took a Silver in the 1999 Edmonton, Alberta CABA Aurora Brewing Challenge!
The recipe came out of a visit to Montana where we were priviliged to sample Alaskan Amber Alt. I was going after that big maltiness and smooth flavour. My FG was lower than theirs. Mind you, I like a dry beer.
Substitute for my home malted grain and please contact me if you make this one! You will like this beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Recipe type: All Grain
Batch Size: 46 litres
Starting Gravity: 1.050
Finishing Gravity: 1.0095
Time in Boil: 75 mins
- 4.31# Gambrinus Munich Light
- 6# Westcan Malting 2 Row
- 12 oz CaraVienne
- 4 oz Special B
- 2.88# Vienna, Homemade Floor Malted
- 10 oz D/C Belgian CaraPils
- 3 oz Carafa Special, Wyermann
- 5# Parkland 2 row, home floor malted
- Spalt Select, German, pellets, 6.3% 3.5 oz @ 60 mins
- Saaz, domestic, lf 4.1% - 1 oz @ 15 mins
- Wyeast 1007, German Ale Yeast, c/w starter
31 mins @ 132F
2.75 hrs (had problems) @ 149F
10 mins @ 158
37.2 McAtee ibu
Colour 15 srm, amber
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.