Ya Scottish Bastard Porter
Source: Edward J Finerty III
Recipe added: 11/14/99
This recipe as is is perfect. Never being satisfied I have tweaked it with the aadition of 2 to 3 Oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate. You can also use porter kits and different combinations of dry malts (amber,lights, dark) but you want the final amount to be around 7 lbs.
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 Gallons
Starting Gravity: 1.050-1.060
Time in Boil: 1 Hr
Primary Fermentation: 10 Days at 70
Secondary Fermentation: N/A
- Grains: 1/4 Lb Roasted American 6 Row @500L, 1/2 Lb American Chrystal @ 60L, 1/4 Lb American 6 Row Black Patent @500L, 1/4 Lb Chocolate @400L
- Malts: 5.5 Lbs Dark Unhopped , 1 Lb Northwestern Dark Dry, 1 1/4 Cup Light Dry
- Boiling Hops: 1 Oz Northern @7.7% and 1/2 Oz Chinook @ 11%
- Bittering Hops: 1 Oz cascade @ 4.2 %
- ADJUCNTS: 1/4 Cup "Grandmas" Brand Molasses, One Cup "Domino" Brand Golden Light Brown Sugar, One and 1/2 Pieces Locorice, 2 Tspoons Gypsum.
- Yeast: Wyeast #1084 Irish
Standard 1 Hour Boil. Adjuncts added at boil, Finish hops final 5 minutes.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.